The Biggest Names in College Sports Trust Dissinger Reed
Since 1982, Dissinger Reed has been responding to the rising costs of premiums and medical expenses on behalf of our clients. Dissinger Reed is always proactive in securing the most comprehensive insurance coverage for any risk within your college/university/junior college athletic department, including insurance for camps and clinics, international students and more.
By partnering with the finest colleges and universities in NCAA Division I, II, & III, as well as NJCAA institutions, Dissinger Reed has earned our reputation for proactive service and exceptional products.
Secondary Athletic InsuranceLearn More
Dissinger Reed is widely known as one of the true experts when customizing college and university athletic insurance programs. Because we actively listen to our clients and their specific needs, we are able to deliver detailed and comprehensive Basic Athletic Insurance programs for colleges and universities throughout the United States.
Specific options for individual institutions can include:
- Ability to provide quotes from numerous insurance carriers
- Primary Insurance Verification
- Fully insured, aggregate deductible and complete self insurance programs
- Maximums up to $90,000 for NCAA institutions and $25,000 for NAIA schools, NJCAA, and 2-year institutions
- Deductibles at any level
- Coverage benefits can include: Expanded Medical Benefits, HMO/PPO Benefits, Heart & Circulatory and Pre-Existing Condition Benefits, Prospective Student Athlete (PSA), Guest and Recruit Coverage
- High Limit Accident Death and Dismemberment
- Catastrophic Cash Benefits
- On-Line claims review and management 24 hours a day
- Third party administrator opportunities for repricing and provider fee scheduling
- Cheer/Dance/Band coverage included
Domestic Student AthleteLearn More
Dissinger Reed understands the changing landscape of primary insurance and how the current legislation has changed your out of pocket expenses. The importance of primary athletic insurance is at an all time high and Dissinger Reed can help you with the constantly changing individual health insurance marketplace.
As more colleges and universities are requiring student athletes to have some form of primary insurance in place, Dissinger Reed is here to assist you find a low-cost, comprehensive plan that covers intercollegiate athletic injuries.
Dissinger Reed offers:
- Short Term Medical insurance
- PPACA compliant plans available
- Accident only medical insurance (no sickness)
- Campus-wide Mandatory Student Accident Plan (MSAP)
International StudentLearn More
International students and student athletes have become a large part of the college/university student body. In most cases, the individual institution (or state) will dictate if your International insurance plan must comply with the U.S. Healthcare reform laws. Either way, Dissinger Reed can specifically tailor a program to fit the needs of your international students while offering the most affordable rates.
With plans customized for F-1 and J-1 international students studying in the United States or US students who are studying abroad, we can offer the highest quality of coverage for every travel need. Some of the highlights of the international student plans include:
- Medical Maximums starting at $500,000 and up to unlimited coverage
- Coverage for Intercollegiate Athletics (up to $20,000)
- Medical Evacuation (exceeds federal minimums)
- Medical Repatriation (exceeds federal minimums)
- Emergency Reunion (exceeds federal minimums)
- Maternity and Mental Health Coverage available
- Prescription Coverage availabile
- Affordable Care Act compliant plans available
Student Health Insurance Campus-wideLearn More
Campus-wide health care solutions. Dissinger Reed has been a leader in meeting student health care needs since 1982, specializing in the development of custom student health insurance plans for colleges and universities throughout the country. If you need a comprehensive sickness and accident student health plan for your domestic and international students, look no further. Dissinger Reed understands the everchanging healthcare needs of a student’s life, and specializes in bringing adaptable, tailored plan designs, along with seamless, smooth implementation and outstanding customer service. It is through our commitment to student health that we make sure every college and university has the right tools in place, along with the most robust health insurance options, to help create the best possible healthcare experience for everyone.
Student Health Insurance Plan Options
Our mission is making sure students always come first. Which means we come prepared with the right answers and the right product options. Together we have the opportunity to empower and help students live healthier lives.
Specific options for your institution can include:
- Quotes from numerous insurance carriers
- Campus-wide student health plans for domestic and international students
- Online administration portals
- Insurance verification program
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act-compliant plan designs
- Repatriation and medical evacuation
- Plans that include intercollegiate sports benefits
- Deductibles at any level
- Prescription coverage
Coverage BackerLearn More
Coverage Backer is a unique product designed to protect your secondary insurance plan by verifying whether primary insurance is truly in place and active. Here are some of the benefits Coverage Backer can offer your institution:
For .75 cents per student, Coverage Backer verifies whether your student athletes’ primary insurance policies are active.
All that is needed is an Excel spreadsheet with your student athletes’ primary insurance information.
Within 24 hours, Dissinger Reed will deliver a customized report showing deductible information and the validity of your athletes’ coverage
Collegiate CatastrophicLearn More
Now, more than ever, it is imperative that every College and University have a catastrophic medical plan in place. With surgeries and procedure costs at all-time highs, unfortunately, the catastrophic deductible levels are never out of reach.
Catastrophic coverage for Junior Colleges, 2-year colleges, and transitional institutions will continue to have a $25,000 deductible for the 2019-20 policy year. Dissinger Reed can provide a comprehensive review of your current catastrophic plan and recommend any necessary modifications. Each institution has the right to select its own carrier and plan design.
Plan benefits can include:
- $25,000 Deductible
- 5-year, 10-year or Lifetime benefit options available
- Catastrophic Maximums from $1,000,000 to $5,000,000
- Defined Benefits available (college education, home remodeling, vehicle adaptation, etc.)
We can also tailor a custom catastrophic insurance plan for you if your specific need does not fit the traditional limits/design.
Other Collegiate ProgramsLearn More
Because every athletic department has varying risks and specialty needs, Dissinger Reed can provide coverage for unique products and coverages.
EZRX – PHARMACY DISCOUNT PROGRAM
- Discounts student athlete pharmacy charges up to 50%
- Eliminates Copay and Deductible payments
- No out of pocket cost to institution
- Utilizes your current local pharmacies
CHEERLEADING/DANCE CATASTROPHIC INSURANCE
- Lifetime benefits ranging from $1,000,000 to $5,000,000
- Deductibles from $25,000 to $90,000
- Coverage for off site competitions and non sanctioned, supervised events
- Travel coverage included
HIGH LIMIT ACCIDENTAL DEATH & DISMEMBERMENT
- Up to $250,000 death benefit per student athlete
- $25,000,000 Aggregate per team travel
CATASTROPHIC CASH BENEFITS
- Coverage for Brain Death, Paralysis or Coma
- Benefits from $1,000,000 to $10,000,000
- Cash benefits are not offset by other valid insurance
ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT TRAVEL ACCIDENT
- Coverage for athletic department staff, family members and those traveling on behalf of the institution
- High Limit Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Both first dollar coverage and high deductible plans are available for any/all Club and Intramural Sports
- Limited or Lifetime benefits can be customized for any institution
NFL/NBA DRAFT PROTECTION
- Disability payments in the event of a career ending injury
- Benefits range from $1,000,000 to $10,000,000
- Premium financing available
LOSS OF VALUE INSURANCE
- Coverage for elite athletes who experience diminished ability due to injury
- Loss of Value amounts up to $25,000,000
PARTICIPANT LEGAL LIABILITY
- Coverage protecting the college or university should a participant bring litigation (most General Liability policies exclude Participant Legal Liability).
- Participants include home team, visiting team, officials and game workers.
- Available for Intercollegiate or Intramural athletic activities
EVENT CANCELLATION/LOSS OF REVENUE INSURANCE
- Protects the institution when unforeseen events cause the postponement or cancellation of a covered game or event.
- Reimbursement provided for ticket revenue, concession sales, advertising, etc.
- Specific coverage for weather related claims or terrorist activity
- General Liability Coverage with No Aggregate
- Accident Medical Coverage at any level
- Directors’ & Officers Coverage
- General Liability Coverage with Sexual Abuse
- Participant Legal Liability Coverage
- Accident Medical Coverage
COACHES BONUS/INCENTIVE INSURANCE
Contracts are becoming more and more important in collegiate athletics. A good contract with plenty of incentive can help retain top coaching talent but can also cost the university an extraordinary unbudgeted capital when the milestones are achieved. Low cost insurance can protect your budget and make those bonus payouts for you.
- Budgetable expenses
- Covers teams’ performance achievements, as well as academic benchmarks
- Premium based on which coaches you would like to include and a schedule of their bonuses
- Coverage also available to protect the future contractual obligations paid to a coach when his or her results fail to meet the expectations of the collegiate athletic program. Loss of value amounts up to $10MM
Telemedicine and Student Assist Programs
- Telehealth: Online Counseling Program available with certified counselors for students via the web or mobile app (depression, anxiety, stress, eating disorder, etc.) Does not prescribe medications
- Telemedicine: Board-certified physicians available 24/7/365 for phone or online consultations. Prescriptions for acute illness’s sent to the pharmacy of choice if warranted (allergies, bronchitis, sinusitis, strep throat, etc.)
- Student assist program coordinate a network of services such as mental health counseling, financial and legal advice, mediation, etc. with licensed clinicians, CPA’s and certified financial planners